Re: [IP] Re: Type 2 NOT caused by obesity...

Probably the best explanation I've seen is a quote from Ruth Kava of the
 American Council of Science and Health, who said, "Genetics loads the gun and
environment pulls the trigger." So. If the gun isn't loaded, it doesn't matter
if you pull the trigger or not -- nothing is going to happen.. :-)

Also, do a search for Vincent Poitout, who is a lead researcher on type 2 and
obesity. He has been quoted as saying, "Obesity itself doesn't cause
 diabetes," and explains that scientists now believe a combination of genetic
environmental factors determine who gets type 2 diabetes.

And I will also repeat what I said a week or so ago about results of the DPP,
which the media said "proved" type 2 could be prevented: The people in the
 study had personal trainers, they had nutritionally balanced meals delivered to
them, there was a high dropout rate and a percentage of the participants STILL
got type 2 diabetes. It CANNOT always be prevented.

I also believe that type 2 has always been present in children ... it's just
that nobody started looking for it until about 20 years ago. Yep. 20 years
ago. And it's just been in the news for a couple years or so. Of course "they"
are looking for it now -- and they're finding it, too. Big surprise! (NOT!)

Jan and ElvisToo