[IP] Paradigm Letter

 jim b asked (and I think he asked me):
>Excuse me, but i need some clarification. You have a 511 and don't
>disconnect it for a shower.
>Could you expalain what infusion set you are using, and why it can;t be

jimb,  Very good question.  When I started out with the pump, I was using the
Quick-Set.  Like so many others, I found twisting the hub to disconnect
disconcerting, so to speak.  I was afraid that I was twisting the cannula
under my skin;  it just wasn't working well.  I've learned a few things from
this list (understatement) & now have little trouble disconnecting.  When I
read posts about the MM letter, I considered changing my habit of taking Beep
into the shower, but I put it off since my one cat is a wonderful terror with
things to play with and I'm sure she would swap that hub-on-a-tether about the
house with reckless abandon.  The other cat would probably join in by pouncing
on the pump.
On further consideration, however, I am ready to disconnect and close my pump
in a drawer for the duration of the shower.  Now here's hoping I don't forget
to connect back up again!
Lee & her Paradigm 511, Resisting putting her pump in the closet, even if it
is only temporarily in a drawer.