Re: [IP] Type 2 NOT caused by obesity...

I wanted to follow up with a statement indicating that my previous post on
the matter was meant more to be a commentary on the recent discovery, AND
was NOT meant to be interpretted as a result of research in and of itself.
I was taking the recent trends, and then supposing the direction.  I didn't
mean to mislead people into believing there is definitive research showing
that obesity doesn't cause Type 2...only that there is growing evidence that
obesity is a more like a SYMPTOM of the Type 2 rather than a cause.

Anyhow, here is a specific quote referring to part of what I was using as a
basis for this commentary:

"THE CENTERS FOR Disease Control and Prevention study found that diabetes
rates crept up from an estimated 8.2 percent of adults in 1988-94 to 8.6
percent in 1999-2000. That is an increase of less than 5 percent.

"The CDC expected a larger increase because obesity - which can lead to
diabetes - has been rising quickly, climbing 61 percent during the 1990s. As
of 2000, 19.8 percent of U.S. adults were obese, according to the CDC."

Also, the other research I referred to I don't have a website to as it is
something that the endocronologists at the Unversity of Michigan had taught
to my wife when she was diagnosed with Type 2, and others on this forum have
made reference to.  I'd be interested in a specific link containing the
details for future reference.