[IP] Re: co-pay poor

> We are co-pay poor.  My husband is Type 2, taking 2 high cholesterol
> low testosterone cream, high blood pressure, uses blood testing strips and
>  drugs for a low thyroid count. I am type 1, high cholesterol, on two
> antidepressants, currently doing hormone therapy after a hysterectomy,
soon to
>  be on a drug for osteoporosis, taking a high cholesterol drug, an ace
> for my kidneys, aspirin, vitamin E, a multivitamin, calcium, using blood
> testing strips, and insulin of course!
> Both of our sons have ADHD, are taking Strattera (the highest copay on our
> insurance plan) and take an antidepressant that is prescribed by the same
> doctor.

I understand fully about being co-pay poor, BUT, I'd rather go back to that
than what we have recently been blessed with. Our COBRA payments were $824.
a mo., and with the new ins. co. the COBRA payments are now $637. mo. BUT,
for DME (pump/inf. sets/resv./ AND strips/meters) it's $750 deductible then
the ins. will pay 75% UP TO $500.00!!!! One supply of strips (100 days) is
more than the total of the UP TO. :-((((

I guess we can be thankful for *small* things. If it were not for me being
on dialysis thus making me a Medicare patient (secondary payor) and they
should pick up what firstdary ins. won't, we'd be up a very high crick w/o a

I want to go back to co-pay poor. Hugsband has 5 Rx's and I have 12.
sighhhhhhhhh He's on Social Security and a partime job to keep up ins.

A plateau is a high form of flattery.