[IP] Re: Letter from the FMCSA

> I received a letter today from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety
> Administration.   I believe that one of our members had asked for us
> to comment to the government about making some exceptions for insulin
> dependent commercial vehicle drivers.   Here is their response:
> - ---------------------------------
> Thank you for your comment to our docket concerning the proposal on
> the operation of commercial motor vehicles (CMVs) by persons with
> insulin-treated diabetes mellitus (Docket FMCSA 2001 9800).
> So will you be riding with your hugsband now Jan?      ;>)
> George

hahahahahaha - I missed the part about *backseat drivers* requiring a CDL.
I'm the insulin user, not hugsy. BTW, he was forced into early retirement
mid '02. IOW, he used to drive thousands of miles a month and now drives
thousands of feet!!! He has a partime job at a steel processing place 3 mi.
away and shuttles steel from bldg to bldg on the same parking lot. <VBG> Oh,
he's home for lunch now instead of just weekends!!!

If you set out to fail and do, have you succeeded?