Re: [IP] Ketone Testin

Recently had moderate ketones with a blood sugar in the 500's.  For several
reasons I could not go to the emergency room so my doctor over the phone told
me to take so many units of insulin as a bolus and increase my basals by a
 certain amount for a certain amount of time. IN ADDITION, I was to drink a
of water each hour to flush the ketones out of my system and to test my blood
every hour.

All those trying to get ketones out of your systems, in addition to taking
the extra insulin, don't forget the water and CONTACT YOUR Doctor for specific

Good Luck!
Cee Dee