[IP] Insulin On Board Methods

The Minimed 512 and the Deltec Cozmo both calculate "insulin on board" when
suggesting adjustments, so as not to stack insulin. The Minimed uses a scale
that approximates insulin activity based on manufacturer data (90% of the
insulin activity left after one hour, 65% left after two hours, 43% after
three hours, and 24% of the activity working between hours four and eight),
whereas the Cozmo uses a straight line from zero hours to the number of hours
the user specifies (if the user specifies four hours, then 75% after one hour,
50% after two hours, 25% after three hours, and 0% after four hours).

At first glance it seems that the Minimed method is superior, since it
approximates actual insulin activity, rather than a straight line. But is it
really? When calculating "insulin on board" does one really want to estimate
insulin _activity_ or insulin that is _unabsorbed_ (or ar they the same
thing)? That is, even if the insulin activity doesn't follow a straight line,
perhaps the insulin absorption does, and, therefore, perhaps the Cozmo method
is superior for calculating "insulin on board."

I'd be interested in hearing people's opinions about this, as I think it's a
significant issue.