[IP] Insulin Pump Support Group Meetings

> Diabetes is a complicated diease so I am not sure how to explain the whole >
picture in simple words. Any ideas or suggestions?

Hi Lyra,

Find an Insulin Pump Support Group in your area (hopefully there is one), go
to the meetings and take him with you.  Both you and he will learn a lot.

My wife and I started attending such a group meeting in San Diego about a year
and a half before I started pumping.  By the time I was ready to start, we
knew the features, benefits, likes and dislikes about tall the different makes
and models of pumps; and, how pumpers handle their day to day issues, etc..

I've been pumping just over eight years now, and about three years ago we
moved from San Diego to Seattle.  She and I continue to attend Insulin Pump
Support Group meetings here once a month.

There are always CDEs, pump representatives, occasionally endocrinologists,
nurses, et al who come to these meetings as well as pumpers, with and without
their significant others.

It is hard to find an equal opportunity to have fun, entertainment, and
education at no cost.