[IP] Re: MiniMed Admitted Screw-Up

        I try not to practice law too much, but . . . .  If the pump
fails to do what it is suppose to do, and is advertised for sale as
doing, all of the companies from manufacturer to retailer are absolutely
responsible, without regard to negligence, for the defective product.
        The area of law is called product liability.  Minimed, as both
manufacturer and retailer, is obligated to respond to a request for a
refund if the consumer cares about water-tightness.  Since the pump
requires proprietary pump supplies, Minimed would also be responsible for
out of pocket expenses for unused disposables.  All of this presumes the
consumer demands a refund and wants to go with another product.
        As I do not know or care about using the pump in water, I can
only suspect from the thread that other companies make a watertight pump
where the pump can be used in a pool for an extended period of time.
Hope this does not constitute practicing law too much.
                                                        Shel Miller

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!