Re: [IP] MiniMed Admitted Screw-Up

Before that change happened my daughter would wear her HTron+ in
the water for long periods of time, no problems. We didn't have
to lock it up in a locker somewhere, worry about someone stealing
it (it has happened), worry about watching the clock to rehook
and bolus. It was nice to just let her be a kid. May not matter
to some people, and I'm happy for them, but it made a difference
to *her*. That's why *she* wanted *that* pump (she was 9 when she
got it). When you're 9, things like that make a big difference.
After that change, it didn't matter that *her* pump didn't have
any problems, wearing it in the water would've voided the
warranty, so she couldn't wear it in the water anymore. She was
happy to recently get a pump (Cozmo) once again that is
considered watertight, but we realize that the same thing could
happen again. I hope not though. :)

I don't see how *our* (pumpers in general) expectations could be
too high...they are the ones who are testing these things and
giving them the ratings, after all (ain't our fault the water
gets in!) :)

Take care, Kerri, mom to Shannon - 13 (dx 11/96, pmpg HTron+
11/99 & Cozmo 8/03)...and her 7 siblings  :)
"...what it all boils down to  - do the right thing, everything
goes fine; do the wrong thing, everything's a mess." - Robert
Spott, Yurok tribe, 1890

Tina said:
This story about the H-Tron+ actually reminded me of what they
was the reason for not being water tight anymore: same as MM is
now. they get very small (hairline) fractures when they fall down
that is how water gets in the pump. From my (limited)
understanding that
can happen to every pump (unless you use some "unbreakable"
maybe the expectations are just to high about these things. I get
problem when kids have a pump because they are probably not as
careful as
adults. but I really don't think it is such a big deal to go
without the pump (also solves the problem where to wear it;)...