Re: [IP] MiniMed Admitted Screw-Up

That's what Disetronic did (declared the HTron+ not watertight
then didn't do anything for existing owners). When my daughter
started pumping in '99 there were only 2 pump choices available:
MM508 and Disetronic HTron+...Animas was still a ways off yet
(had I known then what I know now, I would've waited for the
Animas). We went with the HTron+ because it was watertight.
Eventually Disetronic declared the HTron+ no longer watertight
but never did anything about it (ie: changing it so that it was
or offerring some other option). So, we were stuck with a pump we
couldn't use in water, and were not offered an upgrade to the
DTron when it came out, which was at the time watertight (might
still be, I don't know), or anything. We just had to live with
it. Uproar, indeed! I would have loved to have gone to the Animas
when it came out and would have, had I known we could (I've
learned recently that our insurance, TriCare, would've done it -
they would've worked it out with Disetronic somehow..but ah,
well, too late now.)

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this issue, Ryan! I don't
think there is anything sinister going on and they did the right
thing to let people know. Hopefully they'll make the pumps
watertight again.

Take care, Kerri, mom to Shannon - 13 (dx 11/96, pmpg HTron+
11/99 & Cozmo 8/03)...and her 7 siblings  :)
"...what it all boils down to  - do the right thing, everything
goes fine; do the wrong thing, everything's a mess." - Robert
Spott, Yurok tribe, 1890

Ryan said:
Now, IF (and I emphasize IF, because it is too soon to know how
MM is going to
 handle this) MM ends up just declaring their pumps as not water
tight and never
doing anything for existing owners of the pump who purchased the
pump at least
partially based on it's water tightness, THEN there would be
reason to be in