[IP] gym teachers

Although our pumper is only in the third grade, your message made me mad
as hell.  Since it's Friday, you will have to wait until Monday, but
call the school first thing.  The next is up to you.  You can either ask
to speak directly to the blockhead, er, gym teacher, or you can ask for
a few minutes to speak to the principal.  Either way, ask if they *know*
exactly what causes Type I diabetes, what the source of their knowledge
is and then offer to make some mutually agreed upon time for them to
really be educated.  If they prove at all resistant, you might casually
mention that scorning/disrespecting people with known life-threatening
medical disabilities is probably not a good thing, especially in light
of multiple legal cases that support that view, not to mention your
daughter's medical plan or 504 plan.  By this point they should be
paying *very* close attention to every word you're saying.<g>

Above all, you have to do something to nip this in the bud, right away,
or there will be even bigger problems, especially with this coach,
further down the line.

Andrew Dad to Eric, dx 9/25/00, pumping since 5/01