Re: [IP] Ketone Testing

In a message dated 9/5/2003 7:07:28 AM email @ redacted writes:
We use the Precision Xtra for ketone testing and it has changed our lives.
 It's not as simple as the One Touch Ultra so we don't use
it for regular bg's, but for ketones, it's what we grab first.

The Precision meter and strips is the only kind my ins will cover.  Not quite
sure what you mean by "it isn't simple" (to use), since I don't have a one

For those that don't have a Precision xtra, the strips come individually
 wrapped in foil and the blood is "drawn into the strip" from the end (except
the ketone strip--- drop of blood goes on the top circle area).  Blood sugar
 takes 20 seconds to register, and the ketone takes 30 seconds. You use separate
strips for each one.

For myself, I like having the convenience of being able to test both with one
meter.  I always carry both kinds of strips with me and when my sugar has
been high, I have tested for ketones every hour, until I see a significant
downward trend.

Julie (please save your cancelled postage stamps. Leave a 1/4-1/2 inch
border around the stamps and mail them to:
Mr Maynard Guss 9593 NW 26th Place Sunrise, FL 33322.
Please indicate these stamps are for ASAP.
This is an on-going fund-raiser for an organization called ASAP.
www.asap.org My daughter has Chiari, a rare brain disorder)