RE: [IP] cpap

 --- On Fri 09/05, Jonee0 Hotmail < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: Jonee0 Hotmail [mailto: email @ redacted]To:
email @ redacted: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 10:35:18 -0400Subject: [IP] cpapI
know A lot of people who swear by CPAP, but it wasnt for me, i tried it fora
couple months last year and found it bulky, awkward and uncomfortable. Itried a
couple different masks but to no avail, however, i would like to trythe nasal
pillows sometime if my insurance ever gives me another chance atit.
 The cpap isn't for everyone....I am severely claustaphobic. So severe that my
doctor and I didn't even try any of the masks, etc. We opted for surgery,
knowing that there is only a 70% chance of it working. But it DID. Altho for the
6 week check I could not give them an honest answer about my getting better
sleep cause of snoring...you see, my husband still needed a cpap and until they
got him one, MY sleep wasn't back to normal. LOL. And I HAD to be honest. We had
the same doctor tho and once my husband's was under control, I was able to give
our doctor a solid answer about MY sleep being MUCH improved as well.
 I had to have not just the UPPP (where they remove the soft tissue) but a
tonsilectomy as well so the 2 weeks following the surgery were miserable, I lost
13 lbs....was able to use just my basal (I was MDI at the time) and would I do
it again...IN A HEARTBEAT!!! Liz

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com