Re: [IP] Cartridges

Long time ago (pre dating when Lilly made the first Buffered Regular insulin
for pumps) I spoke with a Velosulin rep and he said that the insulin "breaks
down" the plastic in the cartridge.  At the time I guessed he was correct
 because by the last 20% of the insulin in a bottle would get cloudy in the
At that time I was taking the remaining insulin in the tubing, NOT WHAT WAS IN
THE TUBING, back into the bottle for reuse.

I don't think that the lubricant "dries up" since I now am doing this again
and am having have no problems.  I think the salesman just wants to sell you
more supplies.

I replace the cartridge every time I open a new bottle of insulin (about
 every 10 to 12 days). I change just the part of the infusion set that goes into
the skin every 2.5 days.

Cee Dee