Re: [IP] Paradigm and water???

 This is unfortunate...but I don't think the problem is the seal "washed away".
 On the Paradigm, the water-tightness is maintained by the infusion set design.
(It is the very reason that the Paradigm no longer used the same infusion sets
as other pumps.)  The infusion set portion that connects to the reservoir
 maintains a seal while allowing the pressure in the pump to maintain properly.
SInce the infusion set is replaced frequently, the seal is also replaced

 It sounds, from the postings so far, that MM is concerned about the case of the
pump itself cracking.  (Although, I get the distinct impression that they
aren't certain at this point.)  It could be as simple as that those pumps that
have failed had an infusion set either dislodged or not fully seated in the
pump correctly...on the other hand, it could be as they are guessing, that the
pump cases are "deteriorating" and developing cracks.

Regardless of the reason, I personally see it has a good opportunity to KEEP
using the pumps in the water.  Why?  Well, if they keep getting more and more
failures due to water tightness problems, they will have to issue a recall and
 will be forced to replace the pumps with ones that are fixed, or else reimburse
people.  After all, many people bought the pumps BECAUSE of their water
tightness, and simply now saying "don't use it in the water" after purchase
 without providing some ability to use it in the water wouldn't cut it. I mean,
 one of the reasons (though, not a primary reason) I choose the Paradigm was due
to being "waterproof" (though, size was the main reason).

If it turns out that it is simply a case of the infusion sets not being seated
properly while submerged, then they might have to make a design change for
future pumps to make it more obvious (such as a more audible "click" once the
infusion set is seated compared to the very slight click it has now).  But,
such a discovery would mean it is still safe to use it submerged in water
PROVIDED that you know the infusion set is installed correctly.