RE: [IP] Re: total daily insulin requirements

Have you ever considered using Humulin Regular U500? The concentration
of the insulin is 5 times that of U100 so that 1 unit of U500 is equal
to 5 units of U100. For those that pump larger amounts of insulin it
helps keep sites longer and doesn't have you changing cartridges so

Most states you will need a prescription and some adjustments to you
basal times for regular are a little slower acting than Humalog. In the
beginning my local CVS had problems getting the insulin for their
distributor and now when I refill the prescription it is drop shipped
from Eli Lilly to the local CVS (it's about a 2 day turn around).

Gail Donohue