[IP] Stop pumping ?

From: "Elizabeth Ramsey" <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] Disetronic Pump *NON* failure

email @ redacted:
>> Tue, 02 Sep 2003 16:35:12 -0400Subject: Re: [IP] Disetronic Pump *NON*
>> am i to understand, if gateway, (or dell, hp. or what ever computer you
>> happened to own),sent you a letter tomorrow, saying "you computer MIGHT
>> working someday",you'd "shut it off tomorrow" ?? cause thats a lot what it
>> sounds like........(though, i dont mean trivialize the difference in
>> between ones pump, and ones computer)

> No, Len, BUT, as the parent of a type I who HAS a Disetronic, I want her to
> something different even with her pump working just fine case her life DOES
> depend on the pump. Her life does NOT depend on a Dell or Compaq or HP. If
> pump failed shortly after she goes to sleep, she could go into DKA by
> Comparing pumps and computers are like comparing apples and oranges. Both
> fruits but that is about the extent of it. Liz

If you take your logic to conclusion, your child should not be on an insulin

Every make and model of pump has the possibility of failing; and, it might
fail shortly after your daughter goes to sleep.  You obviously don't want to
risk that happening, so get her off the pump and back on multiple injections
of long and short acting insulin.   By the way, don't let her ride in a car
because her probability of injury or death are far greater than a pump
failure.  I say this because Disetronic's problem is with the FDA's paper work
and not with the reliability of their pumps.  For additional information go