[IP] Re: Light Drinking Tied To Mortality Drop... (UP TO 65%)

A long time ago they used to tell me not to drink because I might eat too
much.  Then recently doctors have told me not to drink because of the carbs.
Well, Miller Lite only has 2 -3 carbs per 12 oz and many wines are very low
as well besides that fact that I could cover the carbs.  I think they need
to come up with better excuses!

My current doctor says 1 -2 drinks are fine and recommends red wine.  He did
warn (as I already knew and had warned my daughter about) that too much
alcohol can cause you to go low several hours later.  When the liver is
processing the alcohol, it is not putting out the sugar it normally does so
that could cause problems the next day if you're not careful.  Of course
YMMV so use caution.  Does anyone know if blush or zinfandels are better
than say white wine so far as health benefits.  I'm not crazy about red

Age 45, Type 1 dx 09/19/1973, pumping 4 years
and daughter Melinda, Type 1 - age 19 dx 11/04/2002, MDI