Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 15:28:22 EDT
From: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: Minimed letter about Paradigm

  I have not received this letter, but I did call customer service to
ask about it. They said that they are now advising people not to submerge
the  paradigm in water, but not to panic if it gets splashed. They said
that they have  been receiving lots of calls about people's pumps getting
water into
them. They said the engineers decided that it is no longer watertight.
about the casing getting cracks in it over time.  There has been a lot of
complaints over the summer about people's pumps NOT being watertight.  They
trying to improve this.  If anyone has a problem, they will send out a
replacement,  but are strongly recommending not getting it in the water. Since
I am
stubborn, I will continue to swim with my pump until I notice a problem,
I have had no problems so far and I swim almost daily.  You should be
receiving the letter shortly.  They have already began to send them out.