[IP] refurbished pump

I use a Paradigm pump and the last 2 times that I have changed on the
battery, nothing happens.  I put in a new one 4-5 times and then by the
time I call Minimed, it makes this high pitched squeal and then
everything seems fine.  Well, this happened again just last week when
changing the battery, so I call Minimed, and they are sending me a "new"
pump, you know, a rebuilt one.  I  am so leary of switching, even with
the battery problem, just from all of the problems that others have had
w/ rebuilt pumps.  Any suggestions?
Dx'd 2/01