Re: [IP] Disetronic Pump *NON* failure

 -- On Tue 09/02, len lutz < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: len lutz [mailto: email @ redacted]To: email @ redacted:
Tue, 02 Sep 2003 16:35:12 -0400Subject: Re: [IP] Disetronic Pump *NON* failure
 am i to understand, if gateway, (or dell, hp. or what ever NON MAC computer you
happened to own),sent you a letter tomorrow, saying "you computer MIGHT stop
working someday",you'd "shut it off tomorrow" ?? cause thats a lot what it
sounds like........(though, i dont mean trivialize the difference in importance,
between ones pump, and ones computer)
 No, Len, BUT, as the parent of a type I who HAS a Disetronic, I want her to get
something different even with her pump working just fine case her life DOES
depend on the pump. Her life does NOT depend on a Dell or Compaq or HP. If her
pump failed shortly after she goes to sleep, she could go into DKA by morning.
Comparing pumps and computers are like comparing apples and oranges. Both are
fruits but that is about the extent of it. Liz

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com