RE: [IP] Humalog vs. Novalog

Humalog works in about 20 minutes but novolog works in 2-3 hours

Dena Pantazi

-----Original Message-----
From: Ember Crooks [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 3:49 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Humalog vs. Novalog

You know, I have a similar effect that I see - I would say that a
significant portion of my insulin works between 2 and 3 hours after a
I never really associated it with Novolog ... I was on Humalog before,
my swiss-cheese brain seems to think I saw the same effect with it. I
assumed that it is the way that fast acting insulin works for me.

Type 1 8 years, pumping over 1 year with Buzz the MM Paradigm 511

>From: email @ redacted
>To: email @ redacted
>Subject: [IP] Humalog vs. Novalog
>Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 11:29:10 EDT
>I will start pumping on 9/8 - have been using Lantus/Novalog pretty
>  successfully for my therapy since being diagnosed three months ago.
>plan is
>for me
>to use Novalog in my pump as well.
>Lately, however, I have been noticing some issues with my meal
>I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar issues with Novalog. I
>slightly high 2 hours post meals - 150 - 180, but my BG then begins to
>rapidly fall - sometimes into the 50's within a short time after that -

>2.5 hours post meal.  I typically inject the Novalog about 15 minutes
>before I
>eat and I think my carb:insulin ratio is OK.  If I don't eat, my BG's
>stable, so, I don't think it is related to my Lantus dose.
>I'm wondering if I would have any different results with Humalog?  Or,
>will the pump help eliminate some of these issues even with Novalog?  I

>would appreciate any insight any of you might have.  Thanks!

MSN 8: Get 6 months for $9.95/month.