> over 250 which happens often I usually give myself a shot
> of insulin.  I take the insulin out from the Reservoir in my pump with a
> syringe.

I cover 250 with correction bolus by pump.
If Bg does not go down in 2 hr, I rebolus correction.
If it still does not go down, check pump, if it is ok, change site, reconnect &
re- bolus.
If over 400, I take 7 units by syringe from a vial.
It is ok to use insulin from reservoir, in an emergency.
Is it not a big hassle to take pump apart to use reservoir insulin by shot when
at 250, you should be able to cover the high with a bolus.  Be sure and give it
at least 2 hr for insulin to show if it is working or not.  My Opinion, Linda K