Re: [IP] Fw: Paradigm upgrade

If you want a survey of the health of the nation, don't take your sample in
the hospital.  :-)
You hear more complaints against Minimed because there are many times more
Minimed users than other pump companies.  There are some legit
complaints...but I have found a LOT of illegitimate complaints against MM.

Anyhow, as far as my personal experience..I've been on my Paradigm 511 sing
July '02.  I had no problems, and customer service was great.  At 8 months,
I got an E21 alarm, and they Fedex'd me a new pump the next day.  Haven't
had a problem since.  When I had a tape allergy starting in January, they
sent me free supplies to try as alternatives.  After I found that Tegaderm
worked, they paid the cost of the Tegaderm for that first time, since it was
too late to re-bill the insurance company.  After a few months, I started to
react to the Tegaderm.  My doctor said contact MM again.  I did, and spoke
to a pump rep, who walked me through a few things to try.  Within a week my
allergy vanished (or rather, my reaction as a result of the allergy) thanks
to their help.  A few months later, I'm symptom free without problems and
off my allergy medicine, thanks to MM.

Every experience on the phone has been quick and friendly.  The only
exception was after I got the replacement pump, I was getting exactly 1 week
from my pump per battery compared to 4 weeks on a battery with the old one.
They said this was within "normal operating parameters".  I was leery...but,
I tried a different brand of battery, and sure enough, I was back to 4
weeks.  (I had trouble with Energizer brand, which many people do not...so
it may have just been the batch I had.)

The pump itself is easy to use, has been swimming with me without problems.

I would most definitely recommend a Paradigm pump to anyone, especially
considering they are over the initial problems they had when they first came