[IP] Re: Paradigm upgrade

> I like the look of the Paradyme, but
> have been reading feedback on this site and it sounds like there is quite
> alot of disatisfaction the Medtronic and their customer service.  What has
> been the experience of others who have a Minimed pump, both in ther
> satisfaction with the pump itsef and with the company?

I was hearing beeps tonight and we had a TV on in the LR and DR, as well as
a police scanner. Couldn't figure it out.  Hugsband said it was coming from
my direction, so I turned off one TV. Still heard the beeps. It was my
pump - I had an E-34 alarm and rec'd 0.5 of a 6.0u bolus. It stopped. I took
a shot and we ate supper. Then I called MMM - it's a holiday and I got a
tech immediately. We were on the phone 26 minutes. He gave advice and asked
Q's etc. I also took the opp. to ask about a problem I was having with some
QR SofSets. He's sending me some samples with NO mention of a charge for

I need to pursue getting a new pump yet *this year* because of deductibles
and we have a new ins. co. but still COBRA and Medicare is secondary. M'Care
should pick up any deductibles I still have. I am now *considering* a 512.
Dunno if I want to but with the BD Logic meter reading with it, it just
sounds too much like advanced technology that my 507C does not have and I
may be sorry to not take advantage of it. It may be my last pump (5 so far)
and I have reallllllly liked my 507C that's 4.5 y/o.

I've been a MM user for 11 years.

The hardest years in life are those between 10 and 70. ~ Helen Hayes (at 73)