Re: [IP] Fw: Paradigm upgrade

At 7:17 PM -0400 9/1/03, dave dickinson wrote:
>I am in the same dilemma as many who have a Disetronic pump...have been very
>happy with it over all.  I have an H-Tron Plus.  As I have had it for over 3
>years it is nearing the end of its warranty, and with the FDA recall it

The FDA recalled the H-tron???    I know that a couple of years ago
the FDA recalled the waterproof labeling on the H-tron, but they have
NEVER done a physical recall of the H-tron pumps to my knowledge.
Personally, I think the whole thing is WAY overblown!!!!

How many H-trons cracked, leaked in water and caused an unintended bolus???

Look at that number realistically.  About the same number of MM-507s
that had their door fall open, syringe drop out and bolus the
remaining insulin.

>always had a good experience with Disetronic, but an concerned that
>replacement pumps may not be available if something happened with mine.

Disetronic has written to it's existing customers "we will continue
to give you any pump service you require".  It will not SELL any
further pumps until it does reach FDA approval again.

(whose only problems with the H-trons were lousy batteries)