Re: Fw: [IP] south beach diet- KETONES

At 08:13 PM 9/1/2003, you wrote:
> > Ketones are produce if I remember right from >>the burning of
> > fat. These ketones are different then those produced during DKA but in both
> > ketones are produced which hurt the body no mater how high they are for
> there
> > should be no ketones in your body to be a healthy individual.
>
>In DKA, Bgs are high, ketones are high.

In DKA  your blood becomes Acidotic.

>In loosing weight, ketones trace thru high, Bgs normal.
>I know it is frowned on, even when I showed trace ketones with a Bg of 96.

You can still have a perfect BG and still be in DKA..

There is a lot of controversy on the subject of ketones being harmful..  I
personally think they are no matter how they are produced.

Brian Carter
ICQ # 27217438
http://www.DiabetesBytes.com
http://diabetesbytes.com/phpbb/index.php