RE: [IP] south beach diet

>From the wisdom of my primary doctor...anytime that you steadily lose
weight your body will produce ketones that are detectable. Ketones are
produce if I remember right from the burning of fat. These ketones are
different then those produced during DKA but at home proposes are
measured with the way drip stick or by blood on some meters.

I have been losing steadily about 15 pounds a month and almost always
now have a trace of ketones. If they are any higher and I have high
blood sugars I know I have to increase the fluids and the insulin.

Gail Donohue