RE: [IP] south beach diet

 -- On Mon 09/01, Julie Snyder < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: Julie Snyder [mailto: email @ redacted]To:
email @ redacted: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 10:55:00 -0700 (PDT)Subject: [IP]
south beach dietas anyone out there tried the south beach diet? my endo asked me
to read thisbook or the new atkins book and do either of the programs. I have
had diabetesfor about 20 years, and honestly the word "ketone" has never been
something ofthe positive nature.I understand the biological and chemical
benefits of healthy ketones in tehpresence of insulin, but still scary-- it
kinda goes against everything that ihave been taught.Anyway, i was wondering if
anyone out there with diabetes has had any successwith this diet, or had any
words of wisdom :)thanks,Julie
 Julie, if you are uncomfortable with either one of those, why not get Dr.
Richard Bernstein's book, "Diabetes Solution" Dr. Bernstein IS A TYPE I DIABETIC
who is also an endocrinologist. Many, many diabetics who follow his diet or at
least come close to following his are doing it because they want to achieve
normal blood sugars. If you want to read some of his book, go to his web site:
http://www.diabetes-normalsugars.com/ I'm a type II, I do a moderate low carb
and do it very successfully. Liz

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com