RE: [IP] south beach diet

EAT AS MANY VEGETABLES AND FRUITS AS YOU CAN !!!!!!!!!!
Best thing for a person !!  We ARE WHAT we eat !!!

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Julie Snyder
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2003 10:55 AM
To: Insulin Pumpers
Subject: [IP] south beach diet

 Has anyone out there tried the south beach diet? my endo asked me to read
this
book or the new atkins book and do either of the programs. I have had
diabetes
for about 20 years, and honestly the word "ketone" has never been something
of
the positive nature.

 I understand the biological and chemical benefits of healthy ketones in teh
presence of insulin, but still scary-- it kinda goes against everything that
have been taught.

 Anyway, i was wondering if anyone out there with diabetes has had any
success
with this diet, or had any words of wisdom :)

thanks,
Julie