[IP] south beach diet

 Has anyone out there tried the south beach diet? my endo asked me to read this
book or the new atkins book and do either of the programs. I have had diabetes
for about 20 years, and honestly the word "ketone" has never been something of
the positive nature.
 I understand the biological and chemical benefits of healthy ketones in teh
presence of insulin, but still scary-- it kinda goes against everything that i
have been taught.
 Anyway, i was wondering if anyone out there with diabetes has had any success
with this diet, or had any words of wisdom :)

Do you Yahoo!?