Re: [IP] Chocolate RE: Cheating

I still consider eating chocolate, cheating since I find that even on the
pump, I still go high after I eat chocolate so if I eat chocolate, I have to
prepare myself for going high. It doesn't happen as much when I eat sweets
like starburst candies or something, just happens with chocolate.

Jacqui

When you talk about cheating are you guys referring to cheating on a weight
loss diet? or cheating as far as maintaining a good blood glucose?

Either way - as long as you account for the food either way what's the
problem?

If you are dieting you can plan on having the chocolate and not go over
your allotted calories.

In my view chocolate and sweets are just foods that are higher on the
glycemic index than others, so you just account for that in the amount or
timing of your insulin. Otherwise -- where do you draw the line and call
something a cheat food?