Re: [IP] RE: breastfeeding and diabetes

Thank you for your encouragement.  It did take us a while to realize that
the doctors don't always know best.  I still look back and regret some of
the things we allowed them to do.  I believe you should always follow your
instincts and heart.  If I had been stronger, I could have stood up for him
a little more.  The thing that surprised me about this situation was that
the doctor was a neonatologist and head of the NICU at one of the 10 largest
children's hospitals in the nation.  I thought he would be just a little
better informed about breastfeeding.
Thanks again for your letter