Re: [IP] RE: breastfeeding and diabetes

Well, I got where I was pretty good at judging how much he ate.  If he just
nursed for a minute for comfort, I would give him 0.05U (diluted humalog).
If he nursed for a while I gave him 0.15U.  I still can't believe how well
it worked.  Those were probably some of his better controlled months.
I had to laugh at those doctors.  He even stated that he was impressed with
himself for being able to think up the idea of only breastfeeding on one
side.  I didn't have the heart to tell him he was an idiot.  Looking back
now, I wish I had.  I have always fed my children on one breast per feeding.
I guess just because it is easier.  I just couldn't believe that he didn't
understand breastfeeding enough to know that it was not going to change the
overall outcome.  (By the way, he was a neonatologist over the entire NICU
at one of the 10 largest children's hospitals in the nation).