[IP] FW: RE: Is D really that bad?

>Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 11:10:11 EDT
>From: email @ redacted
>Subject: [IP] Is D really that bad?

>I am in general an optimist. There are times when you need to express your
>feelings and not be judged just to help you through the down periods.

>Thank you to all who didn't and don't judge us, and those of us who need a
>place to express ourselves, maybe this is not the place.

>I would welcome the advice of others if they know a good, or "appropriate"
>place to sound off.

While I have only been here a short while, I would really like to think this
could be a place to vent.  Maybe it is just me, but I sense some antagonism
between the parents w/o diabetes and the rest of us.  Certainly it is what
gets my dander up when a non-D person wants to ascribe ill-temper to a high
BS.  There is a parents of pumpers list for you folks.  I am not a child.
We are required to listen to Doctors, ER personnel, nurses & educators that
often are wrong or ignorant; to take it from relative strangers is a
difficult pill (a "cold bolus"?) to swallow.  Perhaps we need a list for
only us "sweet" folks.

I was excited when I saw you start this topic - I thought it would be a
discussion of (for us Americans) the impact of Americans with Disabilities
Act (ADA).  You know - 'if I am in control and have minimal complications,
how can I be disabled'?  A while back I had an on-line acquaintance that had
co-workers go to management saying he shouldn't check his BS in the lunch
room - I guess he just got "disabled" and may have a lawsuit to get a place
other than a nasty restroom to test in.

It has been amazing over the last 20 years to treat my D.  Most amazing is
not in the technology (though it is great!), but in the way the medical
profession now lets us treat ourselves.  Think back to calling the Doc to OK
a change in dosage of NPH & Regular!