Re: [IP] closed loop foundation

On 9/30/02 1:56 PM, "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> For what it is worth, they've been doing those clinical trials for 2
> years at Johns Hopkins.  I guess the diabetics in Baltimore, weren't
> good enough *S*  It's not a big deal to implant a pump. Like always,
> it's still just around the corner.
> - -wayne

>  sorry pessimistic wayne, but thats BS...since im personally involved in the
> clinical trials with minimed, this is the first of its kind for the
> minimed2007 implantable pump...i dont know what implantable pummp you're
> talking about but minimed has just started its clinical trials this past month
> for its implantable device...NOT 2 yrs ago...

Excuse me, Bassem, even though you're in the trial of the MM2007 they never
told you about the MM2001???   They were over 600 of them implanted in
patients in Europe and they were talking of doing studies of it in the
States.  I guess they just decided to reset their pump numbering scheme.

George        :>)