Re: [IP] ACE Inhibitors

On 9/30/02 5:27 PM, "Frank Tegethoff" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> As for me, I did not go onto an ACE inhibitor until my BP edged up to
> the 'high' end of the normal range for a NON DM'r.  I'm currently using
> 10 mg of Zestril daily.  An insignificant about given the powerful
> nature of the drug, but just enough to help protect my kidneys.
> Regards,
> On Monday, September 30, 2002, at 05:10  PM, email @ redacted wrote:
>> My endo won't put me on an ACE Inhibitor. <snip> How can I convice my
>> endo???

There have been ~numerous~ studies that show the benefits of diabetics
taking ACE inhibitors and you DON'T need a high blood pressure to benefit.
My pressure runs atypically low (110/60) and I am on 20 mg of Prinivil.

This site offers a meta-analysis of individual patient data on whether all
patients with Type 1 diabetes mellitus and microalbuminuria should receive
angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors.