Re: [IP] 504 plan - type protection for college students

"A little chat with the disabilities office ought to straighten things
out. They will be well aware of 504 and its implications for the

email @ redacted"

We never had any trouble with schools, so I never did a 504. Is the
information on this site? Or should I check the cwd site? Does the 504 apply
equally to colleges and universities (like it does to elementary and high

Really, I am still stunned. I spoke with the director of housing, and she
essentially told me that they would "treat him like all our other
students...or at least like those on medications". I had told her I was
worried about college drinking. My son has never done this to excess, but
you never know what kids will do. She then began to talk about "your son's
drinking", as if he were a recovering alcoholic, at any moment due to fall
off the wagon and rob a liquor store. At the bottom, the threat to force him
to live off campus.

Also, she kept saying "this is not our job", followed by, "your son should
confide in his room mate"...implying, I guess, that it IS the room mates

Thanks again.