RE: [IP] My Bad One Touch Ultra Experience

Thanks for the heads up with Lifescan. Just spoke to customer service and a
replacement meter is on its way!

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 10:16 AM
To: IP
Subject: RE: [IP] My Bad One Touch Ultra Experience

I had a similar situation happen about three weeks ago.  When I called
LifeScan, they said the meter had seen a power interruption.  I told them
how
concerned I was, and they offered to replace the meter.  I got the
replacement
last week.

I am guessing that the bumps, bounces, etc. from carrying the meter around
may
have loosened the
battery holder enough to cause problems.  After I talked to LifeScan, I
switched to my backup Ultra and it has worked properly.

There is a letter about this problem on the LifeScan web site.  Its URL is:
www.lifescan.com/company/press/ultra_er4_letter.html

Hope this will help some of you.