No Subject

<<It seems like I have some sort of cold, virus, infection, etc. on a monthly
basis.  Is this something related to diabetes?  Anybody else out there like this?>>

Julie, I am like this too.  Much less so after having endoscopic sinus surgery a few years ago--I had a sinus infection for almost six months straight, and when they finally did a CAT scan my sinus doc said he'd never seen as much destruction as I had in my sinuses.  !!  Anyway, I get sick less than I used to before that surgery, but I do feel that after developing diabetes at age 12 that I started getting sick and staying sick more often.  I am finding that some of it is due to allergies, though, which I never used to have when I was a kid but sure do now.

Some of the things I do to boost my immune system are sort of old wives' tales; at least, that's what I think, but if they work I'm not going to mess with it.  Anyway, I take echinacea whenever I feel run down, and really take a lot of vitamin C when I feel tired and like I might be coming down with something.  I also started doing this nasal rinse that was recommended to me, and that helped with the nasal congestion I would develop.   I also hear that zinc is good for the immune system so I take that too.

If it helps any, I do understand how frustrating it is--I am usually the same way.  I hope you feel better soon!