[IP] Pumps & Security Buzzers

Has anyone else noticed that their Paradigm pump sets off metal detectors more regularly than did their 508?  I'm having a really hard time trying to get our local sheriff's office to understand that I wear a pump and that it sometimes sets off the security devices in our courthouse (I go through the gates at least 3 times a day).  He insists on using a high powered magnetic device to "double scan" me once I set off the big gates.  I think that poses a danger to my pump (and then, ultimately to me!!).  Anymore I just disconnect to go through, and that's a pain in my neck...anyone else with overzealous courthouse employees???