[IP] Re: neuropathy

>>>I'm getting increasingly desperate to find something
to stop the neuropathy in my hands (my feet are
already pretty much goners). There don't seem to be
any treatments available through conventional
medicine. >>>

I truly thought I was headed for double amputation when I decided to get a
pump 19 years ago. We tried Elavil, Motrin (Rx - no OTC then which is not as
strong as Rx), and Feldene. None worked. Then endo Rx'd Dilantin (400 mgs a
day) which is the drug used for epilepsy - it causes circulation in the
brain to avoid seizing. Well, the Dilantin doesn't know it's supposed to go
only to the brain, and made the blood also circulate in my feet. I
eventually was able to taper off to 3 a day, then for awhile 2 a day, then
reduced to 1 a day. About 3 years ago I was able to take one every other
day, then just leave them off. I still take 200 mgs. of the Vitamin B6, but
my neuropathy in my feet and legs have been *greatly* reduced!!!  I wish you
extremely well in you search for relief. (~_^)

In  Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When
you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to
sleep on. Hence the phrase "Goodnight, sleep tight."