[IP] Is D really that bad?

I am really amazed at all the controversy created. The point in my initial
response is that I have controlled (to the extreme) my type 1 D since
diagnosis in 1974. An extraordinary athlete, and very positive. There are
times however, when everything starts to snowball and grow to a point where
it is very difficult to handle. My HA1C's are in the great range, I exercise,
take vitamins, and do everything by the book. What needs to be understood
here is that this is the disease where you do everything right, and it van
still be wrong. I am the classic case of this.

I am in general an optimist. There are times when you need to express your
feelings and not be judged just to help you through the down periods.

Thank you to all who didn't and don't judge us, and those of us who need a
place to express ourselves, maybe this is not the place.

I would welcome the advice of others if they know a good, or "appropriate"
place to sound off.