[IP] Continued Sil Crimping Problem

I have tried all the suggestions offered here to make
sure the Sil does not crimp.  However, I continue to
have the same problem of the last 1/4" of the cannula
becoming crimped.  I'm not sure if this is just toward
the end of day 2 or upon insertion - but it is a huge
problem since the insulin is being absorbed (injected)

Has anyone tried to trim the end of the cannula before
insertion?  I'm thinking that if I sterilize a pair of
wire strippers I just might be able to pull it off...
hmmm.  That or get MM (or whomever manufactures them)
to make a shorter version of their sils!  What - they
think that folks with diabetes don't have muscles???

Last night I tried inserting just under the skin.  No
dinner and a fasting this morning at 167 - sure seems
like it is NOT working again.

The sof-set 6mm was giving me headaches, but these are
nearly worse.  I'm running out of options!

Any suggestions from other folks who have similar

-gail in denver
dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11, pumping since 1985-ish.

Do you Yahoo!?