Re: [IP] Re: Becky's reply

Becky, I hear ya! I don't have diabetes (my daughter
does) but I liken what you describe to the PMS thing
for women. If you are angry or emotional, etc it must
be because of PMS and not due to any valid reason at
all (and certainly not because your spouse did
something to deserve the attitude, right? hehe) People
need to realize that you can have a bad day or anger or
emotion, etc and it not be related in any way, shape,
or form to your menstrual cycle and hormones (and news
flash for everyone, not every woman gets PMS). You can
have valid emotions, feelings etc without it. (Sound
familiar?) I'm sure you understand exactly what I'm
trying to say here. I don't get that accusation often
but when I have, I've wanted to seriously deck the
accuser (usually dh). ;) I don't like it when I have
valid feelings about something and they get dismissed
as PMS (note that I'm *not* saying PMS isn't a valid
condition - it is, but I don't have it and therefore
don't like everything being blamed on it).

I guess I'm in the minority because my 12yo daughter's
behavior has to be pretty bizarre and very
atypical/extreme for her before I ever think it might
be related to bgs (which doesn't happen often, I might
add). Her 7 siblings do or have done the same things
she does or has done, so most of it just seems like
typical kid stuff to me, and not at all related to the
diabetes. There are some days I would go through tons
of test strips if I tested her every time I thought her
behavior was bg related. ;)

Take care, Kerri
Chapman [Heaven's Here on Earth, 1994]

Becky said:
a.) everything in your life is directly
caused/influenced by your diabetes and b.) that being
irritated/angry is a direct result of your blood sugar
and not, say, a legitimate concern. high and low blood
sugars don't *always* make you feel bad-- it changes
from circumstance to circumstance and from day to day.