Re: [IP] No fair, picking on me !!!

> >  Where is it written that a person with diabetes can never eat
> > any sweets unless they are cheating?

> Well at one time it was written in a lot of Doctor's orders and "experts"
advice. Not now thank goodness but some people are slow to change their
ways. >

Just tonight we were out after church with a group of 10. A very large T-2
amongst us had a birthday yesterday so the restaurant supplied a one-layer,
about 6" diameter frosted birthday cake. It was divided into 10 pieces
(crumbs?) lol. Well, the T-2er looked at me and said, "I know you don't need
any." I said, "Why not?" He said cuz you have DM. I said I have a pump. He
raised his voice - Don't think that way!! I said But I can cover it with
insulin just like a non-DMer. Now, keep in mind he took *his* piece first
and he has no pump and tests maybe once a day. I suppose he thinks I'll ruin
my kidneys? LOL

Anyway, try to even get a DMer to understand - he's said this to me before
as he stuck a lollipop into his mouth. (~_^)

I don't *cheat* - I take liberties - but cover them with the proper amount
of S.W.A.G.