Re: [IP] No fair, picking on me !!!

At 07:20 PM 9/29/02, you wrote:
> From past experiences, any diabetic that
>does not admit to cheating is fooling both
>themselves, and their health care team,
>which makes control more difficult.
>      So, go ahead, cheat a little, eat what you
>like, but learn how to cover for you
>favorite indulgences, be they Oreo cookies,
>candy bare, cakes and other pastries, or
>whatever else floats your boat, but....
>your gotta be honest.

So, tell me, why is eating one of my "favorite indulgences" which I cover
with the necessary amount of insulin resulting in a "normal range" bg
cheating?  That just makes me like any other person without
diabetes.  Where is it written that a person with diabetes can never eat
any sweats unless they are cheating?  My A1c's are always in the 5 range so
I'm obviously not having any problems with control.

dx'd 1963
pumping 2000