[IP] Re: Closed Loop Foundation

>Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 15:41:03 -0400
>From: email @ redacted
>Subject: [IP] closed loop foundation

>for all you who think that the closed loop system isnt "around the corner",
>guess what i just saw a sign for at the endocrinology unit in my medical
>school...clinical trials beginning in two weeks (at my school) for the
>2007 implantable pump....this isnt the closed loop system yet, but this is
>pump that minimed is using as the foundation for it, in which theyre going
>to tie it in with the implantable glucose sensor.

On one of Disetronic's web pages (
http://www.disetronic-usa.com/products/adicol.htm ) they mention the
"Adicol" (Advanced Insulin Infusion with a Control Loop) project with a link
to pursue more info.  From what I could understand Adicol are conducting
tests in Europe using a closed loop system.  Does anyone know anything more?