Re: [IP] amazing posts on experiencing Diabetes

I've certainly realized that I may have been a little harsh in the way I
handled my opinions about just how bad diabetes is but it is my opinion and no
matter how often I have lows and highs it is still my opinion. You've asked as
to be kinder to each other which is acceptable but then you are saying that
many of the posts on the subject in the past few days may have been written
when are sugars were high or low. It seems like you are making excuses for
what people are writing. Everyone has a different opinion and a different way
of dealing with Diabetes and for some of us, hearing about how bad it can be
is not a good to deal with it but for others it seems to be healing to
complain a little, how do you know that some of the other posts that have
slightly nicer approaches to them are not written when the person is high or
low? It's about the person and it's very unfair to make an excuse for their
opinions as to their sugars being high or low. Of course, at times, our sugars
can affect our moods but you shouldn't make that assumption at all unless you
know for sure and just accept others opinions, even if they differ from your
own. It's taking me a little while but I'm certainly learning how to do that.

Jacqui

So, although your diabetes may be of very little concern to you, it may
indeed make the lives of your nearest and dearest more difficult than they
would otherwise be. Tht is an aspect of the disease that needs to be
accepted. For instance, many of the posts on the subject in the past few
days may have been written at 53, or 275.

But I would ask you, no, beg you, to please treat one another with more
kindness. What does it matter to you if someone else is having an easier or
more difficult time than you are? Let them have their experience. And
especially, let them post it here. That is what this list is for. I would
ask you to please offer HELP to those who need it, and PRAISE for those who
are doing well, And ACCEPTANCE of all.  With kindness, we can change the
world in a positive way. Criticism can only hurt.

Katie